Request a Quote BBB Accredited Company Overview Contact Us FacebookNorth Star Brochure
Environmentally Friendly Chemicals & Processes
There are many steps that can be taken to increase your Green Cleaning
potential from something as easy as frequent emptying of vacuum bags to a complete program that meets LEED requirements.
Green Star? What does it mean?
Many companies are looking toward the future and making the decision to take an environmentally friendly outlook and have begun offering Green Cleaning
. We have also taken that step and many of our procedures are performed in the most efficient way possible. We use micro-fiber cleaning methods, HEPA filtration vacuums, and utilize efficient methods. At many of our commercial accounts we utilize specialized chemicals and have recycling programs in place.
Minimizing Particles in the Air
- Utilization of HEPA filtration vacuums - Review Carpet & Rug Institute's Green Label Program for vacuums www.carpet-rug.org
- Utilize micro-fiber clothes, mops, dust mops, and dusters which reduce air born pollutants and are reusable
- Practicing procedures that reduce pollutants in the air such as spraying chemicals onto rags instead of releasing aerosols into the air
- Introduction of Air filtration systems
- Environmentally friendly chemicals (Green Seal Certified Available)
- Proportioning systems have less waste
- Hand soaps that do not contain antimicrobial agents (some medical and food preparation facilities require antimicrobial hand soap)
- Routine maintenance will reduce the possible irritants that live in carpet fibers
- Use of truck mounted machine with heat that kills dust mites
Reduce Exposure by Utilizing a Mat System at all Entrances
- Mats help to remove dirt and pollutants before they enter the building. Proper utilization and frequent cleaning can reduce the amount of time needed to properly maintain a building and aid in improving air quality
Proper Procedures that Utilize Efficient Green Methods
- Emptying vacuums before they are full to ensure most efficient collection of dirt particles
- Routine services of areas that are often high in germs such as restroom and door fixtures
Green Star Products
- We can provide an analysis of green cleaning products that are available including recycled and chlorine free paper products
- High efficiency bathroom fixtures are available including center pull roll towels, hands free dispensers, high efficiency foam soap, coreless toilet paper, and high capacity dispensers
- We can help determine the best recycling program for your facility
- High efficiency HVAC units
- Air Filtration
- Germ Killing UV Lights
- Motion Sensor Lighting
- Waterless Urinals
LEED certification requires much more than just switching from traditional to green chemicals. According to the USGBC, LEED-EB focuses on seven major areas, each with their own certification standards and best practices.
- Facility Maintenance, including Green Chemicals
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
- Recycling Programs
- Exterior Maintenance Programs
- Systems Upgrades
By implementing a complete green cleaning program, your building can earn up to 14 points toward LEED certification in the Existing Building category.
Environmentally friendly maintenance is important for the environment and can increase employee productivity. It's important to consider ways to provide green cleaning and janitorial services even if you are looking to work within an existing budget or scope. There are always more ways to Go Green!
Providing Janitorial Services in these Areas
Los Angeles, Ventura, and Orange County in Santa Monica, Venice, Brentwood, Torrance, South Bay, Pico, Commerce, Culver City, Beverly Hills, Playa Vista, and Marina Del Rey.
Ventura, Camarillo, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Somis, Oxnard and surrounding areas - Carpet Cleaning Simi valley and all surrounding areas in Los Angeles, Ventura, and Orange Hollywood, Manhattan Beach, Carson, El Segundo, Los Angeles, Compton, Long Beach, City of Industry, and Baldwin Park Industrial Cleaning & Expert Building Maintenance in Pasadena, Arcadia, Studio City, Toluca Lake, Glendale and surrounding areas, Camarillo, Newbury Park, Ventura County and surrounding areas.
Share this article