Green Cleaning Friendly Chemicals & Processes
There are many steps that can be taken to increase your Green Cleaning potential from something as easy as frequent emptying of vacuum bags to a complete program that meets LEED cleaning requirements.
Green Cleaning? What does it mean?
Many companies are looking toward the future and making the decision to take an environmentally friendly office cleaning outlook on the way they operate and have begun offering Green Cleaning. We have also taken that step and many of our cleaning & janitorial procedures are performed in the most efficient way possible. We use micro-fiber cleaning methods, HEPA filtration vacuums, and utilize efficient cleaning methods. At many of our commercial accounts we utilize specialized chemicals and have recycling programs in place.
- Minimizing Particles in the Air
- Utilization of HEPA filtration vacuums – Review Carpet & Rug Institute’s Green Label Program for vacuums www.carpet-rug.org
- Cleaning & janitorial services using micro-fiber clothes, mops, dust mops, and dusters which reduce air born pollutants and are reusable
- Practicing office cleaning procedures that reduce pollutants in the air such as spraying chemicals onto rags instead of releasing aerosols into the air
- Introduction of Air filtration systems
- Chemical Management
- Environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals (Green Seal Certified Available)
- Proportioning chemical systems have less waste
- Hand soaps that do not contain antimicrobial agents (some medical and food preparation facilities require antimicrobial hand soap)
- Carpet Cleaning
- Routine carpet cleaning maintenance will reduce the possible irritants that live in carpet fibers
- Use of truck mounted carpet cleaning machine with heat that kills dust mites
- Reduce Exposure by Utilizing a Mat System at all Entrances
- Mats help to remove dirt and pollutants before they enter the building. Proper utilization and frequent cleaning can reduce the amount of time needed to properly maintain a building and aid in improving air quality
- Proper Procedures that Utilize Efficient Green Cleaning Methods
- Emptying vacuums before they are full to ensure most efficient collection of dirt particles
- Routine cleaning services of areas that are often high in germs such as restroom and door fixtures
- Green Cleaning Products
- We can provide an analysis of green cleaning products that are available including recycled and chlorine free paper products
- High efficiency bathroom fixtures are available including center pull roll towels, hands free dispensers, high efficiency foam soap, coreless toilet paper, and high capacity dispensers
- Recycling Programs
- We can help determine the best recycling program for your facility
- Building Upgrades
- High efficiency HVAC units
- Air Filtration
- Germ Killing UV Lights
- Motion Sensor Lighting
- Waterless Urinals
LEED cleaning certification requires much more than just switching from traditional to green cleaning chemicals. According to the USGBC, LEED-EB focuses on seven major areas, each with their own certification standards and best practices.
- Facility Cleaning & Maintenance, including Green Cleaning Chemicals
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
- Recycling Programs
- Exterior Maintenance Programs
- Systems Upgrades
By implementing a complete green cleaning program, your building can earn up to 14 points toward LEED certification in the Existing Building category.
Green Cleaning is important for the environment and can increase employee productivity. It’s important to consider ways to provide green cleaning and janitorial services even if you are looking to work within an existing budget or scope. There are always more ways to Go Green! Ask about our Green Star – Green Cleaning program.
Providing Janitorial Services in these Areas
- Janitorial Services in Los Angeles, Ventura, and Orange County in Santa Monica, Venice, Brentwood, Torrance, South Bay, Pico, Commerce, Culver City, Beverly Hills, Playa Vista, and Marina Del Rey
- Janitorial & Office Cleaning Services in Ventura, Camarillo, Cleaning Services Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Somis, Oxnard and surrounding areas
- Commercial Cleaning and Janitorial Services in Hollywood, Manhattan Beach, Carson, El Segundo, Los Angeles, Compton, Long Beach, City of Industry, and Baldwin Park
- Janitorial & Office Cleaning Services in Encino, Tarzana, Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys, San Fernando, Calabasas, Northridge, Chatsworth, Burbank, Sun Valley, and Canoga Park
- Janitorial & Commercial Cleaning Services in Pasadena, Arcadia, Studio City, Toluca Lake, Glendale, Santa Clarita, Valencia, Saugus, Palmdale, Lancaster and surrounding areas